Integrative Medicine Fertility Centre
Healthy parents – healthy children
The unfulfilled desire to have children
In today’s society, the topic of “wanting children” is more present than ever before. In Switzerland, every 6th couple remains involuntarily childless (BfS 2021). The body, as an intelligent system, does most things for a reason. Infertility/sterility in men and women has its causes – like other chronic diseases – often on different levels that influence each other.
Under the Alpstein Clinic’s guiding principle that the human being as a whole is the centre of attention, we focus on all three levels of being during diagnosis and therapy: body, mind and soul. The interdisciplinary four-step concept developed by the Alpstein Clinic is applied here:
Release & relief
Regeneration & biostimulation
Harmonization & awareness
The causes of infertility
The head physician of the Fertility Centre is Dr. med. Jolin Fischer. With many years of experience and specialisation in holistic and biological medicine, classical homeopathy, orthomolecular medicine, clinical environmental medicine and systemic therapy, she offers prevention, diagnostics and treatment of body, mind and soul. Her goal is to work with the patient to find the real individual causes of infertility. And then – in close cooperation with the entire team – to select the appropriate highly effective therapy options that serve to restore a healthy and self-regulating system.
Causes of infertility in women are:
- Previous hormone treatments (e.g. taking the pill, IUD).
- Diseases of the abdomen (e.g. adhesions of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, fibroids).
Causes of infertility in men are:
- Decreased, pathologically increased and/or poor quality sperm.
- Diseases of the abdomen (also long-standing diseases of the testicles, epididymis, vas deferens and prostate).
Causes of infertility in both men and women are:
- Infections in the genital area (e.g. chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, fungal infections, also from a long time ago).
- Vaccinations (e.g. the cervical cancer vaccination)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Thyroid dysfunction and diseases
- Vitamin, mineral and trace element deficiencies
- Toxic stress and pollutants (e.g. aluminium, heavy metals such as mercury from amalgam fillings, pesticides, bactericides, plasticisers, some with hormone-like effects)
- Pathogenic environmental influences (mobile phone radiation, electromagnetic radiation)
- Overweight, underweight, malnutrition
- “Lifestyle” with bad eating habits, excessive consumption of alcohol and coffee, drugs, stimulants and nicotine abuse.
- Regular use of certain medicines (e.g. antidepressants, neuroleptics, drugs for high blood pressure, for asthma, painkillers, doping agents)
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of exercise
In addition, there are also psychological factors that may only unconsciously block pregnancy / conception. This knowledge and the increasing frequency of infertility diagnoses prompted the Alpstein Clinic to set up an integrative medical fertility centre.
A statement by
Dr. med. Jolin Fischer
It is my concern that woman and man find their “wholeness” again and thus (without reproductive medicine) create the basis for procreation, pregnancy or – in other words – conception to become possible again in a completely natural way.