There is healing in the air
Welcome to Gais, Switzerland – the perfect place for retreat, regeneration, and health
Gais is perfectly situated right in the center of the Appenzell region’s idyllic lake and Alpine landscape, known by original purity, tranquility, and breath taking views. It is here in 1748 the whey cure was first applied, and became popular for decades after. People from around the world who were seeking healing from chronic infections came to Gais, drank fresh whey from the Alpine farmers every day and enjoyed fresh Alpine air.
This unique place, surrounded by the Alpstein mountains and the Arlberg, a part of the Austrian Alps, is located on a plateau with an elevation of nearly 1,000 meters. Even if the whey cure is no longer as important as it once was, Gais still welcomes several thousands of tourists each year who are looking to relax, regenerate, and renew their strength. Alpstein Clinic, established in 2018, is enabling these curative activities once again, offering Swiss high-level holistic medicine.
Personal and individual care
Here you will receive respectful and tender care from a passionate team
The source of zest for life is our most valuable asset. Our experienced medical team will provide you with comprehensive care, from your admission to follow-up. As a result, you focus on your family, yourself, and your health – without any thought of organizational matters.
You, as a person and unique individual, are at the very center of our loving support and dedication. Our team of expert in a first-class clinic, offers you an extraordinary ambience that combines a traditional Swiss feel-good factor with state-of-the-art equipment.
Your plus for care, esteem and preemption
- Coordinated and confident team involving doctors, a dentist, a naturopath, a nutritionist, a medical masseuse, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- Close collaboration between medicine and dentistry
- Weekly consultation of all therapists together with the patient
- Understandable discussions at eye level about medical history, diagnosis, and therapy
- Personal counseling and systemic family therapy
- Taking care of individual needs
- Multilingual office
- Exclusive contact person for international patients
- Support and coordination for Day Clinic patients
- Special prophylaxis contact person
- Special pharmacy manager
- Concierge Service
- Family atmosphere
- Children-friendly practice